Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Arggh.











I can't seem to find much time to write these days and that frustrates me. So, here's a couple of blurbs about my retreat last month. The lovely picture of the iris is beautiful enough to just share, but it's also a little shout out to my blogger friend, Endlessly Restless. He often posts his wonderful photograhy. In my last post I mentioned the Stations of The Cross at the retreat center where I stayed. Each of the 14 crosses had iris planted around them. Only one bulb was blooming a month ago. I'm sure by now the bulbs are in full bloom; it must be stunning.


The other photograph is my own art work. I know it looks like a 4 year old did it, but...it's mine! It reflects this "excavation" work I've been doing. And work that I hope I will always do. There are so many layers to the story of my life. Every layer is filled goodness...treasures...gold nuggests to be found. The recognition of many of these don't necessarily require mining. I guess I'm aware enough to recognize some blessings as they occur! Others, though, have required some work; a different perspective; hind-sight. Either way, it is evidence of God's presence.

4 comments:

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

Hi KJ

Thanks for the mention. I love the iris.

The joy of mining is striking gold - or is it the hope of striking gold?

Regarding the artwork - when I started to post some of my primitive paintings and doodles, I was advised by some blogger friends to "create like no-one's looking!" It's very liberating!

nonprofitprophet said...

Hey Hey KJ! a true artist at heart. art as therapy. art therapy. it should be about time for JournerIFC to hold a spiritual art show... some paper and a little tap on the walls - and Whallah! and i like ERs pics as well. ~npp

KJ said...

yes, yes...art as therapy. good stuff. actually there was this art show case thing at Journey this week. A non-profit that has been using our space. Ricky D had a nice little picture made with crayons. though, his didn't look a 5 year-old did it...loser.

nonprofitprophet said...

Ricky D is so damn talented in so many ways...if you didn't love him so much it'd make you envious. Figures I have an idea and Journey/Rick/Journey'rs are already way ahead of me. What kind of prophet am I????? lol