Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm back!


Hello friends! I've actually been back for about a week. Life has just been a little hectic. My retreat was wonderful. I had 3 full days of being totally off the grid. After about 27 hours I began to feel pretty restless for awhile and wondered if I would make it another 48 hours! I was also fasting. So, I was having withdrawals and hunrgy at the same time! It made it though. It was an amazing experience to having silence, total silence, for such an extended time. It's amazing what you see and hear when you turn everything off. Did you know that trees "creak" when the wind blows? Who knew?!


The retreat center was gorgeous. The picture is of the labyrinth there. I walked it everyday. I had a mixture of beautful sunshine with cool winds, and rain on one day. I loved it all. In the days to come, I will tell you more about what I did, learned and discovered. For today, you can go to this link: http://thecorner.typepad.com/journeylent/2008/02/forgiveness.html

My faith community has a blog for Lent and today was my turn to post.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

nonprofitprophet said...

glad your back. retreats should be mandatory - in addition to vacations. I will go and read your post now. ~npp

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

KJ - I read your entry over at 'Our Journey through Lent'. I was moved by your honesty. This is clearly an important time for you... If I may be bold enough to offer advice, remember that Jesus told us to love our neighbours as ourselves. Both parts of that equation carry equal importance.

KJ said...

yes, ER, I agree. The "as ourselves" part is so easily overlooked and it truly is so important. thanks.